PAEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPIST – 1 full time position
Early Connections-Manning and Great Lakes is seeking a full time Paediatric Physiotherapist. Current 4th Year students & new graduates are welcome to apply. If you are looking for flexibility and a supportive workplace with a diverse range of work opportunities, then this role is for you.
Early Connections Alliance is a network of well known & very experienced not for profit organisations working together to create a strong and connected Early Childhood Intervention Network on the Mid North Coast. All locations are Registered NDIS Providers working with a diverse range of children with a variety of needs and diagnoses.
Why work for us:
- Above award pay rates and conditions – 6 weeks paid leave & 15 days personal leave per year (or pro rata).
- Full Salary packaging benefits – increased tax free income.
- Reimbursement for travel at ATO rate.
- Structured mentoring program with weekly mentoring support for new graduates from a very experienced Paediatric Physiotherapist.
- Access to professional development opportunities every year – $1,000 per year (or pro rata).
- Ipad provided to each staff member for work purposes.
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements.
- Diverse range of clients with a variety of needs and diagnosis.
- Highly experienced team of Early Intervention Specialist Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Music Therapist and Psychologist.
- Be a part of the Early Connections Alliance (from Taree to Coffs Harbour) and benefit from the knowledge and experience of a vast allied health and education team.
- Work alongside our experienced senior therapy and teaching staff, who can provide supervision and ongoing mentoring if needed.
About the role:
- Provide assessments, interventions and therapy to children 0-12yrs with a diverse range of disabilities
- Visits to the home, childcare and school environments to provide an inclusive model of practice. Early Connections has extensive relationships within the community.
- Opportunity to be a Key Worker within a transdisciplinary model and to provide consultation to Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists, Early Childhood Educators and families.
- Educational sessions for parents, teachers and preschool staff.
- Working between two sites Forster and Taree
- Using technology and iPads.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary Degree in Physiotherapy or currently working towards it.
- Current/future registration with AHPRA.
- Experience providing Physiotherapy services to children and families.
- Knowledge of NDIS and Keyworker Model.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Driver’s licence as this position would require some travel between services.
- NSW Working with Children and Police Checks.
- A commitment to Best Practice in Early Childhood Intervention, inclusive practice, family centred approach to service delivery.
- Well developed computer literacy skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Experience in disability or paediatrics (desirable).
- Willingness to adopt and recommend routine based therapy strategies to facilitate child development.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence-based practice.
- Ability to organise time and set priorities.
- NDIS worker check
While there is a work vehicle available for use, some travel is required and your own car and a current driver’s licence are a prerequisite for the position. A current Working with Children Check and Police Check is also required. Part Time status will be negotiated on employment and may be dependent on applicant’s level of experience.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join this highly motivated team! Please contact Sally Gibson – Manager – on (02) 6552 7333 or sallyg@earlyconnections-mgl.