COME AND SEE WHY OUR STAFF LOVE WORKING FOR EARLY CONNECTIONS KEMPSEY.
- Offering up to 6-9 weeks leave per year.
- Salary Sacrificing.
- Staff tell us they feel more supported in our team than they have with other employers – “the team at ECK feels like family.”
- Come and see what the beautiful Macleay Valley has to offer!
- Expand your skill set and enjoy quality supervision and working within a multidisciplinary team.
We are seeking another motivated Early Childhood Teacher to join our team!
Permanent part-time position /Experienced Early Childhood Teachers Welcome! Early Connections Kempsey (formerly Kempsey Early Intervention Program INC) is seeking a highly motivated Early Childhood Teacher to join our team. Our staff of 13 includes skilled EC teachers, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, physiotherapists, and Allied Health Assistants who will offer a supportive environment for our new staff member. Our team is skilled in the Early Childhood Intervention field, using a “Team around the Child”, family centred approach across the beautiful Macleay Valley region. The position offers a family friendly flexible workplace. Early Connections Kempsey is the leading service provider within the region servicing children from 0-12 years with a diagnosed disability or significantly delayed development. Our mission is to provide a quality early childhood intervention service, which works in partnership with families and the community to improve each child’s participation in inclusive mainstream environments in the Macleay area. We are a registered NDIS Service Provider.
Why work for us?
- Diverse range of clients with a variety of needs and diagnosis.
- Highly experienced team of Early Intervention Teachers and Therapists.
- Be a part of the Early Connections Alliance (from Forster to Coffs Harbour) and benefit from the knowledge and experience of a vast allied and education team.
- Work alongside our experienced senior staff and have access to individual and team supervising and mentoring.
- Access to generous professional development opportunities.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Salary Packaging in financial incentives, including above award rates.
- We are an established NDIS service.
- Provide Family Centred supports for children 0-9 years with a range of disabilities and their families.
- Service aimed at building the capacity of the child and family in natural, inclusive settings.
- Early Connections Kempsey has an extensive existing relationship within the community.
- Opportunity to work within a transdisciplinary model and to provide consultation to speech pathologists, physiotherapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, and allied Health assistants and families.
- Support Early Childhood Services and school staff to work towards inclusion of children in all settings.
- Using state of the art technology including Echidna CRM (client record management) system and iPads.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant qualifications – Bachelor of Early Childhood Education essential.
- Have a commitment to best practice in Early Childhood Intervention, inclusive practice, family centred approach to service delivery.
- To provide training, resources, coaching and mentoring to 13 preschools within the Nambucca Valley and Kempsey Shires for the Department of Education, Sector Capacity Building contract.
- Have excellent communication and documentation skills, using technology effectively.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in disability or the early childhood sector (desirable not essential).
- Ability to organise time and set priorities.
- A fundamental understanding of child development
- Vaccination against COVID – 19 is essential under Public Health Orders.
Travel is required, your own car and a current driver’s licence and comprehensive car insurance are a pre-requisite for the position. A current Working with Children Check and police check is required. NDIS orientation and NDIS working check is also required. Position will be permanent following a three-month trial.